Everything started 3 years ago as two young designers noticed that there was a need in Munich for learning experiences around the interaction design topic. They also thought that exchanging experiences in a relaxed environment would be something colleagues could appreciate.
In September 2009, Alexis and Nora created an online group and that’s how the local chapter of the Interaction Design Association, the IxDA, was born!
We would like to thank all the members, meeting attendees and speakers for these years of learning and exchange! And we would also like to take the opportunity to thank others and show you what we did together in the last years.
These are some of the achievements:
- 246 registered members (77 senior level, 54 entry, 27 freelancers, 23 managers, 18 directors)
- 29 meetings (talks, workshops, book clubs, social evenings)
- Members per meeting: usually between 10 and 30 participants
- In 2011 we released the IxDA Munich Survey, the first totally public and open salary and work survey in the area
It is worth mentioning current and past local leaders:
- Alexis Brion (current leader & founder)
- Sebastian Wendlandt (current leader)
- Nora González Dwyer (founder)
- Fabricio Dore
- Collaborators: Marc Shappach, Lenja Sorokin, Jan Köppen.
And all these couldn’t have been possible without the support of the following organizations:
- Ludwig Maximilian University
- envis precisely
Thank you all of you for your support!