The IxDA Munich is celebrating its 4th year and we would like to thank all the members, meeting attendees and speakers for these years of learning and exchange! We would also like to take the opportunity to thank others and show you what we did together in the last year.
These are some of the all-time achievements:
- 314 registered members on Linkedin (92 senior level, 69 entry, 41 freelancers, 27 managers, 25 directors)
- 177 Facebook followers (and growing every day!)
- 40 meetings (talks, workshops, book clubs, social evenings)
- Members per meeting: usually between 10 and 50 participants
- Since 2011 we invite the community to participate every December in the IxDA Munich Survey, the first totally open salary and work survey in the area
Meetings in the past 12 months:
- The Great UX Debate with Stephan Riess, Stefan Dinter, Sebastian Fabre
- UX Book Club with Susan Weinschenk
- Fablab on Personal Manufacturing with Martin Geck
- IxDA Session with Aarron Walter
- Responsive Design with Sabine Berghaus
- UX Book Club with Nathan Shedroff & Christopher Noessel
- Circadian Selves with Josh Berson
- Movie Evening at the Hochschule München
- HUX with Claude Toussaint
- Smell, Senses and Experience with Susanne Schmitt
- Sustainable Behavior with Jan Köppen
- Hochschule München
- Sapient Nitro
- You is Now
- Mediadesign Hochschule
- Push Conference
- amiando / XING
This is the IxDA Munich team:
- Alexis Brion
- Sebastian Wendlandt
- Robert Brauer
- Rachel Simpson
- +some other sporadic collaborators (thank you!)
Tataa! We are launching the 2012 IxDA Munich survey. It takes less than 6,5 minutes to complete. And what’s even better: it’s absolutely anonymous. So be brave and tick
as many questions as all questions in the survey. If you feel like having a déjà vu then you’re right. We recycled last year’s questions but only to have some comparable data. In the end would like to aggregate both data sets in order to have an even more exciting result than we had last year when we did this survey for the first time.
If you consider yourself as part of the Munich interaction design community you are invited to complete the online-survey here.
Everything started 3 years ago as two young designers noticed that there was a need in Munich for learning experiences around the interaction design topic. They also thought that exchanging experiences in a relaxed environment would be something colleagues could appreciate.
In September 2009, Alexis and Nora created an online group and that’s how the local chapter of the Interaction Design Association, the IxDA, was born!
We would like to thank all the members, meeting attendees and speakers for these years of learning and exchange! And we would also like to take the opportunity to thank others and show you what we did together in the last years.
These are some of the achievements:
- 246 registered members (77 senior level, 54 entry, 27 freelancers, 23 managers, 18 directors)
- 29 meetings (talks, workshops, book clubs, social evenings)
- Members per meeting: usually between 10 and 30 participants
- In 2011 we released the IxDA Munich Survey, the first totally public and open salary and work survey in the area
It is worth mentioning current and past local leaders:
- Alexis Brion (current leader & founder)
- Sebastian Wendlandt (current leader)
- Nora González Dwyer (founder)
- Fabricio Dore
- Collaborators: Marc Shappach, Lenja Sorokin, Jan Köppen.
And all these couldn’t have been possible without the support of the following organizations:
- Ludwig Maximilian University
- envis precisely
Thank you all of you for your support!
For the first time, we decided to organize a survey for designers working in Munich and surrounding areas. The goals of the survey are to get information (and share it!) about the design job market in Munich. For example, to have an idea about salaries, working hours and general conditions. The second goal is to know more about what you think about the IxDA Munich. Here are the results!
Survey Period: ca. 2 months, end of 2011.
Location: mostly from Munich
Professionals: mostly interaction designers and usability experts.
The IxDA Munich Survey 2011 is published under Creative Commons 3.0: some rights reserved, you may reproduce, reblog and modify the content of this survey, but you must provide proper attribution. Link to http://www.ixdamunich.de
Download here the IxDA Munich Survey 2011 (PDF)